Reception (EYFS) - Hundred Acre Wood
We use Tapestry as a platform to share YR children's learning with their parents. This is a taster of some of the learning in the class which will be updated across the year. If you need a Tapestry login to access your child's learning please contact your child's class teacher.
Welcome back everyone!
What a fantastic start to the year we have had, everyone has settled in really well and we have been so impressed with the way all the children have arrived into school in the mornings.
I have uploaded a newsletter with some important information on, this has also come home in your child's bag, along with a reading record and a book for sharing. Books will only be changed on a Monday and Thursday.
Have a lovely weekend and we shall see you on Monday!
Welcome back to term 4, please see the class newsletters and topic map below...
Our superhero topic has been amazing... some of our work can be seen in the following photos...
- exploring ice
- super maths
- super storytelling
- a superhero obstacle course
- Supertato to the rescue!
Term 3 topic...
Christmas activities in Willow class...
- making toys to give as gifts
- wrapping presents and writing gift tags
- role-playing as post office workers delivering letters and parcels
- making Christmas cards for people we care about
- writing letters to Santa
- decorating the Christmas tree
When we are not rehearsing for our Nativity play, we are looking after 'Baby Jesus' in class, and dressing up as sheep, shepherds, angels, kings and Mary.
Star is one of Santa's Elf helpers and he has been visiting our classroom and writing letters to the children. On Thursday the children wrote to Santa to ask for a special Christmas gift. On Friday they painted pictures of the Northern Lights for Santa, because he is working so hard he hasn't got time to see them this year.
Polar animals created from plasticine...
We enjoyed a fantastic visit from a Fire Safety Officer today!
- We learnt about what sort of people become fire-fighters, they need to exercise regularly, eat healthily, and care for other people.
- We listened to the story of Frances the Firefly to learn about how to keep safe around matches.
- The children loved the small world houses, people and story. They talked about how the fire started, using their knowledge of cooking, and how best to react if there is a fire in your home. They were concerned about the safety of the pets.
- We dressed up as fire fighters and a fire engine and acted out crawling low through the smoke of a fire.
- The children have a sticker, a pencil, and a certificate to take home, with a questionnaire to fill in with their families.
Welcome to Willow Class!
We've enjoyed the first few days at school and we're all getting to know eachother, the children have already started making friends and this is wonderful to see. Please have a read of our class newsletter for more information.