Reception (EYFS) - Willow Class
We enjoyed a fantastic visit from a Fire Safety Officer today!
- We learnt about what sort of people become fire-fighters, they need to exercise regularly, eat healthily, and care for other people.
- We listened to the story of Frances the Firefly to learn about how to keep safe around matches.
- The children loved the small world houses, people and story. They talked about how the fire started, using their knowledge of cooking, and how best to react if there is a fire in your home. They were concerned about the safety of the pets.
- We dressed up as fire fighters and a fire engine and acted out crawling low through the smoke of a fire.
- The children have a sticker, a pencil, and a certificate to take home, with a questionnaire to fill in with their families.
Welcome to Willow Class!
We've enjoyed the first few days at school and we're all getting to know eachother, the children have already started making friends and this is wonderful to see. Please have a read of our class newsletter for more information.