The Role of The Trinity Primary Academy School Council
- To allow the children at The Trinity Primary Academy to have a voice
- To help the school and community be a better place
- To help to improve learning in the school
- To raise funds for the school
At school council meetings, we decide on the most effective ways to change and improve the school and then talk to the people who can help to make it happen. The school councillors records ideas, from their peers, in school council files, ready to bring to the next School Council meeting for discussion. School councillors regularly share news and information about new initiatives and the important things which are achieved with their classes. We hold school council meetings fortnightly. Together we can help The Trinity Primary Academy to continue to leave, live and grow together.
School council will be made up of representatives from years 1 - 6.
Each year group will elect two representatives, who attend meetings and give feedback.
School Councillor Roles:
Once elected on to School Council as board members, children will be able to apply for specific job roles within the organisation.
These are as follows:
• Chair person
• Vice Chair Person
• Promotions officer
• Communication / Liaison officer
Job roles and responsibilities will be shared with all School Council members at the beginning of the year.
The School Council Rules are as follows:
All School Council members must:
• be respectful and listen to others
• contribute or participate actively in meetings
• follow the school rules and be role models to other pupils
• model good behaviour at all times
• be polite and courteous to others
• not refer to specific individuals or groups during discussions
• use their position on School Council to support and develop their school and peers and not abuse this position in any way
School council members may be asked to step down from their position if they repeatedly break school rules.
Each member has two chances. Should they lose these two chances, they will be asked by the Chair Person to give up their role and leave.
Meetings: School council will meet every fortnightly on a Monday. These meetings will last a minimum of 20 minutes.
School Councillors for 2018/19 will be shared in Family Worship at the beginning of the year and will also be shared with parents via the school newsletter and website.